Detechtion was founded by Alan Taylor, a recognized industry expert, who began development of a non-invasive diagnostic tool to analyze compressor operating performance and reliability in the late 1970’s. For over 20 years he used this program as an engineering consultant to the major oil and gas companies around the world to troubleshoot compressors. Over the 20 year period, Alan continued to add functionality and intellectual property to the program creating a tool like no other available in the industry. In the late 1990’s, Alan’s son, Brian, working as a summer student at a compressor packaging company quickly recognized the limitations of the vendor software he was using and shared his frustration with Alan. Alan and Brian recognized the opportunity to market the offering and decided to start a company.
- 1998 – Alan and Brian founded Detechtion and began marketing the tool, Enalysis™. As online technology was in its infancy, clients faxed in data, reports were generated, recommendations were manually added, and the reports were faxed back to the client.
- 2001 – The fax and pay business model was limiting the growth opportunity and with the internet now becoming ubiquitous, Brian recognized the opportunity to provide a way for clients to enter their own data. Working with Cyberwave Technologies, Brian transformed Enalysis™ into one of the first “Software as a Service” technologies.
- 2002 – Detechtion Technologies expanded into the United States with new partners Andrew Miles and Cavan Carlton. Since then, Detechtion has recognized a steady growth of 15%-20% every year with new offices opened in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and Brisbane, Australia.
- 2006 – Detechtion Technologies was ranked as 70th in Profit Magazine’s 100 Fastest Growing Companies in Canada with 919% growth over the previous 5 years.
- 2013 – Detechtion continued its growth in Houston, Pittsburgh, Calgary and Brisbane, and acquired Cyberwave to insource product development.
- November, 2013 – Element Partners, recognizing the growth potential in broadening the product offering and further penetration in the United States market, acquired the majority interest in Detechtion.
About Detechtion Technologies
Today, Detechtion Technologies is the world leader in compressor fleet optimization and management for natural gas fleet operators that are committed to improving the efficiencies of their compressor fleets and the people that service them. Using Enalysis™, Detechtion’s customers are better able to increase revenues, decrease costs, and accomplish best in class asset management. Through its compression training segment, Detechtion has trained over 9000 operators, mechanics, foremen, superintendents, and engineers. Currently, Detechtion provides monitoring and optimization services for approximately 20% of active compression horsepower management in North America, including client relationships with 15 of the top 25 North American independent gas producers.