Detechtion Technologies is a dynamic compressor technology and service company in the oil and gas industry. Detechtion provides natural gas compressor optimization and fleet management solutions through our principal product “Enalysis”. Established in 1998, Detechtion has grown dramatically and currently has contractual relationships with over 90 prominent natural gas companies around the globe. Detechtion is led by a vibrant, highly motivated management team focused on providing best-in-class service to our existing clients and aggressively adding new clients. Detechtion has offices in Houston, Calgary, Pittsburgh and Brisbane, Australia. More information can be found at www.detechtion.wpengine.com.
Reporting to the CFO, the Assistant Controller will have responsibility for all accounting aspects of the company and consolidation of financial statements. Given the limited resources of an entrepreneurial business, the Assistant Controller will need to be comfortable as both a manager and an individual contributor – leading a team of 2 and acting as liaison with external Auditors and Tax compliance teams. He/She will be results oriented, highly organized and comfortable with implementing new procedures, policies and processes to improve the operational efficiencies and organizational aspects of the accounting function at Detechtion.
- Monthly Close – Lead/manage/perform monthly close activities including all month end journal entries and monthly closing procedures in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Ensure that all books and records are maintained in accordance with GAAP.
- Revenue Recognition – Track projects and revenues for proper revenue recognition.
- AP, AR and the General Ledger – Management of accruals and payables, billing, accounts receivable, DSO reporting, general ledger and chart of accounts.
- Fixed Assets – Management & reconciliation of fixed assets and depreciation.
- Cash Flow and Treasury reporting – Preparing weekly/monthly cash flow projections, bank reconciliations and debt covenant reports.
- Internal Accounting Liaison – Assist direct reports and other departments with accounting related issues.
- Process Improvement – Support and implement process improvements for the Accounting Department and the Company in accordance with best practice standards.
- Audit Support – Gather, maintain and prepare all necessary supporting documentation for the annual audit and respond to auditor questions as necessary.
- Tax Support – Gather, maintain and prepare all necessary supporting documentation for Sales and Use, quarterly and annual tax filings.
- Financial Reporting – Produce consolidated financial statements and reports with variances vs. budget, forecast and prior year financials.
- Financial Analysis – Reconciliation of monthly balance sheet accounts and review of monthly income statement accounts for reasonableness.
- Managerial and Supervisory – 2 Direct Reports. Train and supervise accounting staff to ensure quality of work.
- Accounting degree (required).
- 5 to 10 years of Accounting work experience (required).
- International, multi-currency accounting and consolidations (required).
- Experience as a Controller, Assistant Controller or similar Accounting/Audit Manager role (required).
- Accounting or audit experience in a public or private company audited by external auditors (required).
- CPA or Big Four accounting experience (a plus).
- Experience in a software company (License or “SaaS” model) or software products accounting environment (a plus).
- Revenue recognition experience (a plus).
- QuickBooks hands-on experience (a plus).
- Experience with setting-up a new entity/company in an accounting system after an acquisition or merger (a plus).
- Travel (10% or less expected).
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to Thavry Willis at: email@example.com