Detechtion Technologies is a dynamic compressor technology and service company in the oil and gas industry. Detechtion provides natural gas compressor optimization and fleet management solutions through our principal product “Enalysis”. Established in 1998, Detechtion has grown dramatically and currently has contractual relationships with over 80 prominent natural gas companies around the globe. Detechtion is led by a vibrant, highly motivated management team focused on providing best-in-class service to our existing clients and aggressively adding new clients. Detechtion has offices in Houston, Calgary, Pittsburgh and Brisbane, Australia.
Reporting to the CTO, We are looking for a Senior Software Architect / Team Lead with an engineering mindset that has a passion for software development, and the ability to analyze business requirements and articulate software solutions. The successful candidate will have excellent knowledge and experience of developing web applications using Agile methodologies, and will be responsible for application definition, design and architecture. He/she will coach and guide the development team throughout the development phases. He/she will have a strong belief in adherence to good engineering practices such as Test Driven Development, Simple Code, Automated Testing and Deployment, Continuous Integration, etc.
- Identify and document the appropriate technology platforms and solutions to deliver business requirements
- Lead the architecture planning process and document the resulting plans to realize the requirements by identifying, prioritizing, time-tabling, and possibly proto-typing/developing solutions
- Contribute to the establishment, review, and enforcement of development standards, adoption of technologies, and application of best practices
- Create detailed technical documentation for developers to implement
- Create functional technical documentation for customers to review and approve
- Be responsible for commercial and technical success, and timeliness of each phase of the life-cycle of each development project
- Perform and be responsible for quality assurance of each development project
- Conduct code review and conformance testing as appropriate for each development project
- Disseminate coding, testing, and documentation standards within each development project team
- Ensure promotion of new code to the production environment gets completed quickly and with minimal rework required
- Share knowledge, mentor, and educate development personnel
- Ensure technical problems are resolved in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Familiar with all aspects of the software development process and life-cycle, and contributes knowledge and expertise to help development team continuously improve
- Demonstrated ability to envision how web applications can solve customer business problems
- 5 years of project lead/management experience
- Strong MS SQL development and administration skills
- Previous experience working within an agile development process
- Proficiency with development life-cycle tools (e.g. Jira, Git, NUnit, MSBuild, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to articulate information to both technical and non-technical people
- Self-motivated and self-sufficient
- Excellent attention to detail
- Knowledge or experience with Microsoft Azure would be a great asset
- Travel (35% or less expected).
- No relocation assistance/reimbursement offered.
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected]