Detechtion Technologies™ is the market leading Industrial IoT and mobile application provider enabling the digital oilfield. Detechtion offers solutions for chemical injection, compression, and other production operations. Their products and services span telematics, monitoring, control, predictive analytics, visualization and integration with other systems. Over 100 customers and thousands of users depend on Detechtion Technologies to monitor and manage over 10,000 assets worldwide.
Associate Automation Specialist
Automation Services Manager
Odessa, TX (covering Permian Basin customer sites)
- Responsible for installation and repair of electrical, instrumentation, and control components on gas compressor units and other well site equipment.
- Set up and troubleshoot Modbus protocol (e.g., RS-485, TCP).
- Troubleshooting of electrical control panels.
- Inspect existing panels to insure proper function and application.
- Apply advanced analytical skills to resolve complex problems not covered by existing procedures or practices independently.
- Display a high level of critical thinking in bringing successful resolution to high impact, complex, and/or cross-functional problems.
- Adhere to all safety rules and regulations in carrying out work.
- Report on time spent, work carried out, materials used and any further action required for each job undertaken in a timely, complete, and accurate manner.
- Maintain inventory and inventory records for parts used on equipment installations and repairs.
- Maintain good housekeeping at work site and ensure that maintenance tools and equipment are kept in good, safe operating condition.
- High energy, attention to detail, a strong work ethic and a determination to deliver results and add value
- Positive attitude and a passion for customer service, including staying cool under pressure
- Quick learner with ability to understand complex technical issues and facilitate focused corrective actions to make the customer successful
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability, especially related to deadlines
- Excellent personal presence and communication skills
- Ability to travel to other Basins as needed based on customer activity
- Ability to work flexible work schedules including weekends (e.g., 2-3 weeks on, 1 week off), particularly when working outside of the Permian Basin
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering Technology or related program
- Basic Windows computer proficiency including email, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, etc.
- Understanding of proper safety protocols
- Clear driving record and drug test required
- Previous I&E experience in gas compression desirable
- Experience with and ability to troubleshoot annunciators and PLCs (including Murphy and Altronic) desirable
- Competitive hourly rate plus bonus plan eligibility
- Paid drive time plus OT
- Company provided truck and paid travel expenses
- Standard company benefits such as 401K, health insurance, etc.